Great Tips on How to Start a Health Coach WebsitePosted by Neeta on Aug 2, 2016 in General Health | Comments Off on Great Tips on How to Start a Health Coach Website
You started a health coach website with not much of expectations. However, your business grew because of the website and now, it’s so huge that your website is not fulfilling its needs in a real sense. Your initial website was free and it was fine when you had a startup. But now you notice that it’s not conveying your unique message to your audience. So, you want to refurbish it or want an altogether new health coach website.
Maybe your logo is looking too small; maybe images are looking mediocre; maybe you are not being able to announce your new cleanse program or you are not getting a signup form for your newsletter.
You know that it’s time to get a new health coach website, but not sure where to begin. You also know that it will take a lot of time for you to find out how to do it yourself, time that you would better spend for your business.
Don’t worry! You can build a health coach website even if you don’t have any technical skills. Want to know how? Read on.
Use WordPress to Build You Health Coach Website
WordPress is a wonderful software platform which is open-source (free)! Using it you can build a customized website for your health coaching business.
WordPress is of two types: WordPress.com and WordPress.org (WordPress Software)
The first option, WordPress.com, can provide you a free website, but it offers limited customization and so, you need not use it.
The second option, WordPress Software, is the right solution you are looking for. It offers you full customization through a ‘dashboard’ and enables you to add plugins and themes to make your website just as you want.
Some other things you will need to build your new website are:
- A domain name
- Web hosting
- A wish to learn updating your website
Tips for Getting Started
- Find What You Want: Take a look at some other websites and find 3-4 that appeal you. Now think on what they contain that appeals you. Are their colors pleasant? Do they have a lot of content? Do they have nice images? Thinking on this will save your lot of time on how you should design your own website.
- Have a Goal: What do you want to achieve? Of course, you want more business. What type of business do you want? Do you want more clients? Do you want more sales for your health supplement? Apart from business, do you also want to spread awareness about a health-related matter like exercise, a disease or something else? Setting goals will also decide how your website should look.
- Do You Prefer to Hire Some Else: You CAN build a WordPress website totally on your own. Still, you may want to hire someone else. In that case, ensure that they would do that using WordPress platform so that you can edit and update it yourself.
- Shop for: Domain name and web hosting.
- Mailing List Service: Your website should have a mailing list and signing up for a mailing list service is the best option for that. There are quite a few reasons why you shouldn’t DIY your mailing list, including professionalism, credibility, deliverability, elimination of spam and administration problems, ease of use and more.
Website designer Mary Volkmann at Biglilfish.com specializes in health coach websites. Get more tips on how to start a health coach website on her website and learn many other useful things too.