How to Achieve Blood Pressure Control without Drugs!
- You must strive to reduce sodium intake to 500 milligrams daily. Therefore, you must strive to reduce total salt intake to less than 1,300 milligrams.
- Your K Factor should be at least 3, preferably 4 or 5. Your food should not cause large secretions of insulin.
- Fat must be balanced between saturated and unsaturated, but also must provide a balance between the omega-6 PUFA from vegetables and omega-3 PUFA from fish.
- Your eating habits must be easy to maintain and not require planning each meal or each day like a military operation or Greek tragedy. In a word, it should come naturally.
- Omega-3 PUFA and omega-6 PUFA is scientific shorthand for a group of special polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) that originate in plants. The omega-6’s are readily available from most oil-bearing plants such as corn, soy, and others, while the omega-3’s are found in the chloroplasts of green plants and some oil-bearing nuts including walnuts. But the best source of the major omega-3 fatty acid, eicosapenteanoic acid, EPA for short, is cold water fish. This is because the fish eat green algae and concentrate the oil in their flesh. So EPA is obtained by eating fish, or by taking omega-3 oil supplements.
- Do not confuse omega-3 supplements with cod liver oil supplements. They aren’t always the same.
- Your diet will contain more than enough omega-6’s, but is not likely to contain the omega-3 unless you eat fish regularly. That’s why, I urge you to make fish a regular part of your diet.