Tips for Healthier Office
Whether you are an employee or an employer, in case your working environment is an office, you should do everything possible to make it healthier. We will share some useful tips and ideas on how to create a healthy working environment on your own.
- Don’t underestimate the power of the plants. Indoor plants can help in reducing stress, but choose those species that are fairly resilient. Add some greenery to your office, but avoid buying bonsai, orchid and similar plants that can be easily inadvertently killed.
- Natural light is ideal for keeping workers productive and protecting vision. In case your office does not have enough or any windows, consider holding regular brainstorming while walking outside of the building.
- Healthy vending machines should be the part of your office kitchen, because the healthy snacks should be always on hand to help office employees keep their energy levels in check.
- Napping is not always bad idea, because there are so many known benefits on napping, even on the job. Many companies prefer seeing their employees refreshed after a short nap, than propping eyelids open with paperclips.
- Pets in the office might seem to you like a bad idea, but if your co-workers don’t have pet allergies, a four-legged co-worker might significantly reduce stress. Dogs are eminently adorable, petting a cat is one of the best ways to relax. If the landlord allows it and all the office workers are comfortable sharing a workspace with a pet, consider getting your very own office furry colleague.