Webcam Psychology – the Future of Mental Therapy
The field of medicines needs advancements not only in medicines and surgical techniques, but also in technology. This advancement brings a doctor to the patient’s home directly from anywhere in the world! How? Through telepsychology, or to be precise webcam psychology! This is really amazing that a patient by no means near a doctor can get the doctor’s advice from the comfort of her/his own home. What is telepsychology? Let’s see.
What is Telepsychology?
Telepsychology is the facility of getting psychological treatment through internet, especially through webcam where doctor and patient can see each other and talk directly to each other. This service is also given through telephones, but it differs from that given through “helplines” where the counselors are any random person (and not qualified doctors) volunteering to help other people with psychological problems, often for no to low fee. In webcam psychology, qualified psychiatrists or psychologists give you treatment. The treatment is equivalent to the treatment given during face-to-face sessions. Because of the involvement of technology in webcam psychology, different skills are required, and also the professional relation reaches a different level.
Benefits of Webcam Psychology
- Webcam psychology offers more comfort, convenience and privacy to the patient being in their own home or workplace, rather than in the consultant’s office.
- The problem of remoteness is totally eliminated by webcam psychology. The consultant and the patient may be based in two opposite corners of the world; still, they can see and talk to each other, and the patient can be benefited from the therapy.
- It’s extremely beneficial to disabled patients.
- Patients can access the treatment anytime. Thus webcam psychology offers a flexible schedule.
- The consultant can provide as many hours of consultation to the patient as needed, because there is no need of talking and seeing different patients one after the other in the privacy of her/his office.
- Patients can get immediate treatment through webcam psychology.
- Being in the comfort and privacy of their own homes, clients may become less inhibited, and so more involved emotionally, which helps the consultant to understand her/his mind more.
Future of Webcam Psychology
Future of webcam psychology depends on technological progress. As there will be new groundbreaking advancements in personalized information and communication, webcam psychology has the chances to become mainstream psychological health services. Private organizations and government departments are adopting telepsychology as a way to provide mental treatment effectively. The scope and efficacy of this therapy are fast being explored.
TonPsy.com provides webcam psychology therapy and telepsychology services through a team of highly qualified therapists who offer premium services at much cheaper rates than that charged in the local therapists’ offices. This means that you can take the benefit of longer time of therapy at lower rates than you could have gotten at the old-fashioned clinics. They also provide the necessary paperwork for insurance purposes. They verify their therapists’ diplomas to ensure that they match the world-class standards of the company based on American and French system of clinical psychology. This gives you a guarantee of getting the real expert’s help for your problem. Right now, English, Spanish and French speaking therapists are available on TonPsy.com.